Saturday, July 22, 2006

A long time...

I just looked at the date of my last post and it's three weeks ago - I guess I must have been busy! Or maybe it's just that the weather has been so wonderful I haven't been attached to this computer so much.

Lots has been going on...


Did a story for Sailing about the 6-metre North American Championship in Port Townsend Bay.

Bought a kayak...














Went to Danelle's wedding out at Moclips...


The office got broken in to ... again ... but I get a new computer out of it so ordered an HP laptop
which should be here in about 10 days.

The contractor is going to start work on the house soon... new windows and french doors and a new deck.


Went to the Farmer's Market in Port Townsend this morning. That was a lot of fun! Different from the market in South Africa! Here, the streets are shut down and stalls set up. I was surprised at the wide array of local foods ... mostly organic, too. And as I am working towards an organic household it was useful to know all this is out there.

Susan came with me an I bought veges and cheese from the new cheesery in town - it is totally delicious! And of course had to sample the local bakery wares - and brought some home for Chris!

There was music - rather different - check out the instruments they use!! You could tell the tourists from the locals ... tourists have fancy shoes and cameras and buy lavender soap and bakery goods. The locals wear... well, Port Townsend is rather eclectic! So there was a wild assortment of garments but most were buying fruit and vegetables and all came with their own baskets - at least that's the same as the Shongweni Market!

No comments:

Post a Comment